Help with an old BIOS and an "new" HD

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Galdii, Oct 20, 2007.

  1. Galdii

    Galdii

    For some reason my old HD (40Gig) died and I bought a new one (80Gig) two or three days ago. I plugged it in, created the new partition and formated. But when I tried to install windows 2000 (because it's an relatively old, 1GigHerz Comp), it always says that there is an "error loading Operation System".
    Since the Computer is some years old now I figured that it had something to do with the BIOS, so I checked the internet and found out, that Im not the only one with this problem. So here's what I could find out about my BIOS:
    Thanks a lot in advance :)

    AWARD MODULAR BIOS v6.00PG, An energy Star ally (blablabla)
    P6VXA ve 2.0 04/12/2001 - 694X-686B-P6VXAC-00

    System Specs:
    80 Gigabyte HD
    Pentium III processor (1000 Megaherz)
    512 MB Ram
    An Nvidia Geforce 2 Graphics Card
    Integrated Sound Card
    Trying to instal Windows 2K

    I think that maybe you'll be missing some info so if some more is required, please let me know.

    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
    Galdii, Oct 20, 2007