    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Ron

    ron, Jul 9, 2003

  2. ron

    Dan Lawyer Guest

    Dan Lawyer, Jul 9, 2003

  3. ron

    Chip Orange Guest

    You need to install the drivers with the optional com port emulation option
    checked. You need to note which USB port your EM was plugged into at the
    time of installation, as that *is the only* USB port on which the com port
    emulation drivers will work. Finally, you need to know that if your EM is
    not plugged into your USB port (the correct one as I mentioned), the
    emulated com port will not show up under your "ports" category in device
    manager (that is where you would look to find which com port number is being
    emulated). It appears as soon as you plug into the correct USB port, and
    disappears as soon as you unplug from it.

    hth,

    Chip

    Chip Orange, Jul 9, 2003
  4. ron

    Carsten Kurz Guest

    There is no COM setting for the DeLorme HID device. SA doesn't need a
    setting. If you want to use third party apps with COM settings for GPS,
    you need to install the DeLorme USB-COM driver. The Start Menu on the CD
    will show you this option. Otherwise you can download the recent driver
    from DeLormes site.

    After installation of the USB-COM driver, the COM settings in the GPS
    application will directly work with that driver, no need to set anything
    in system setup.

    - Carsten

    Carsten Kurz, Jul 9, 2003