HELP! with hp FAX 920

Discussion in 'HP' started by Carniv4, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. Carniv4

    Carniv4 Guest

    Hi:

    New to this newsgroup:

    I have an HP FAX 920 - it's been a problematic machine since the beginning
    and I even had it relaced once during intial warranty - but both units
    suffer from the same problem so I assume it's inherent in the model. The
    usual problem it has is that it refuses to pull pages down and locks up -
    beeping away it's error messages. Always have to change the paper, flutter
    them, re-try contiunuously until it finally grabs a sheet. Same issue
    with my HP Deskjet, but that's a whole other story. Seems like it's a
    chronic problem with HP products.

    ANYWAY, that's not really my cry for help here. My FAX machine now says
    "Close Cover" on the readout screen even though the cover IS closed. I've
    done everything - taking out the inner unit, re-inserting it, unplugging the
    fax machine, hitting clear - nothing works. The instruction manual is of no
    help either. Anyone have any clue why it says "CLOSE COVER" when the cover
    is closed and why I can't get it to work properly?

    THANKS!!!

    Carniv4

    Carniv4, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Carniv4

    Vonda

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2016
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am having the same issues with my fax machine. Were you able to ever resolve your problems?

    Vonda, Mar 15, 2016