    make program?
    the burning program is intact thankfully

    andrew

    andrew fox, Jul 5, 2004

  2. andrew fox

    Elector Guest

    simply remove the shellicon.dll and then restart the machine. The icon
    file will be rebuilt. However in Windows XP it is another type of file
    name and it escapes me at the moment. Sorry.

    Elector

    Elector, Jul 6, 2004

  3. andrew fox

    andrew fox Guest

    sorry but do you mean the shellicon cache?

    andrew fox, Jul 6, 2004
  4. andrew fox

    Elector Guest

    No delete the shellicon.dll (Do a search for it under Find files and
    folders) Like I said in Windows XP it is called another name and I am
    still waiting for a post I made to the Microsoft group for its name.
    I know a little about some things but not "every thing" about "every
    thing" :)

    Elector

    Elector, Jul 6, 2004
  5. andrew fox

    Elector Guest

    Andrew:

    For Windows 98 this may be the solution:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192393&Product=w98

    For Windows XP this may be the solution:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330170&Product=winxp

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307229&Product=winxp

    Additionally this is the Tiny URL for the whole Knowledgebase articles:
    http://tinyurl.com/36yrq

    You never said what Operating System you were using, so I had to get
    information on both. However the solution seems to be pretty easy.

    Elector

    Elector, Jul 7, 2004
  6. andrew fox

    andrew fox Guest

    actually using ME and it is the only icon missing
    so i was wondering what the file was and where, cant find anything obvious

    cheers andrew

    andrew fox, Jul 7, 2004
  7. andrew fox

    Elector Guest

    Hi Andrew: the below link should assist. it is for Windows ME.
    http://tinyurl.com/2a6nm

    Elector

    Elector, Jul 7, 2004
  8. andrew fox

    andrew fox Guest

    i actually solved the problem, after messing intermally with INT EXP,
    by installing the new browser Avant which is some sort of open source
    update of IE as i understand it??

    cheers andrew

    andrew fox, Jul 11, 2004