    MX 400, it has 2 notches on it, I assume it means 2X or 4X, is it possible
    it will not run on my board ? the manual sais 4X or 8X and will only run
    1.5Volt cards. Any input would be appreciated. Rich

    Rich Parent, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Rich Parent

    TX Guest

    Does it also have a secondary power cable going to the motherboard with
    12v cable?.
    Took me a while to work that out with my new GA7N400 mobo which
    everything turned on but just black screen and one beep.

    TX, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Rich Parent

    Rich Parent Guest

    Simply put, it's not powering up. I think the problem is that my board
    doesn't support my chip (new AMD Duron 1800) without the bios upgrade.
    Since, the board is not powering up, I have no way of updating the bios, so
    I need a smaller AMD chip, although unless I can find a easier solution, I
    have to take the computer on the bus out to Colwood, the guy who owns DTI
    Computers will update it for free. I'm not getting any error beeps without
    the vid card, nonetheless somebody in Oak Bay is going to sell me a PCI card
    for $5, I will use it just for testing, just to confirm my GeForce MX 400
    actually works with my board.

    Anyways, any input is appreciated. ciao

    Rich Parent, Sep 6, 2004
  4. Make sure the cpu speed DIP switches are set correctly for the processor

    martinphillips, Sep 9, 2004