    can any one tell me what is the maxium i can go up to or what is the best speed for this board and would i need to make any changes to the bios or board to upgrade or can i just plug and play sorry pray with new processor.

    cheers
    Fister69

    fister69, Oct 29, 2006
  2. fister69

    ancientoneuk

    This is taking me back a bit but as its a PIII over a Celeron specific, you may be in luck by using a Slotket convertor which may allow you to put in anything up to a 1.2 or 1.3 Celeron 370 socketed CPU.

    I have the Slot A equivalent of that board and I can put any Slot A Athlon up to 1Ghz at least without any problems and I know that there is a Slot to Socket convertor for the board which means I can run a socket A 462 pinned Duron or Athlon.

    If speed is not a requirement then a second hand 1.4 Athlon and cheap 266Mhz Socket A Board would cost about the same as a SlotKet and CPU, a bonus also with Thunderbird Athlons is that they are so easily unlocked and overclock faster than many of their XP cousins simply by bridging using a graphite pencil on a bridge and setting the BIOS multipliers to one of your choice and many people have managed to attain 2Ghz or above (PR rating) from one of these old clunkers

    AO

    ancientoneuk, Nov 12, 2006
  3. fister69

    Eldest_One

    I found this that pertains to the M/B you are asking about.
    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/borapro.htm

    Eldest_One, Dec 3, 2006