    get it. Or if anyone knows of a place where I might download this support
    cd from the net, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks in advance to
    anyone who can help. JG

    JeffG, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Out of curiosity, what is wrong with the drivers from the CD-Pro 5.0? The FIC
    website says that these will work with the SD11.

    http://www.fica.com/site/html/services/faq_detail.asp?c_id=240000702

    Another possibility is to get the individual chipset drivers from AMD and VIA.
    The motherboard uses the AMD 751 northbridge, which has the memory and AGP
    controllers, and the VIA 686A southbridge, which controls the PCI, IDE, and USB.

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_2336,00.html

    http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300

    Hope this helps.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Jan 19, 2004

  3. JeffG

    JeffG Guest

    Alex,

    Thanks a lot for your help. You asked out of curiosity what's wrong with
    the drivers from CD-Pro 5.0. The answer is that CD-Pro 5.0 is not available
    for download from the fic ftp download site. They said in the site you
    recommended that drivers could be obtained in versions 5.00, 4.32, 4.31,
    4.30, and 4.01 and then on the ftp site they had versions 4.52, 4.51, 4.31,
    4.2, and 4.1. The only common one on the two lists is 4.31 and when I looked
    it didn't have all the drivers that I need. Specifically it was missing the
    Highpoint xstore ide driver. I found that in a folder called miscellaneous
    on the ftp site. However, it appears that all the other drivers are
    available from AMD and VIA. Anyway, I downloaded the ones that I think I'm
    going to need so we'll see how they work.

    My dilemma is that I foolishly purchased the SD-11 from a dealer on ebay who
    sent it without drivers, manual or even an I/O back plate. To be fair, he
    said that the purchase didn't include them, but I thought how hard can it be
    to get them. I didn't mean to buy the SD-11. I was actually in the market
    for a Socket A board and bid on a Slot A board because I got in a rush and
    didn't pay attention. Then, as luck would have it, I won the thing. So now
    I'm going to try to put it to good use by upgrading an old Gateway 300. The
    cpu hasn't gotten here yet (it is a Slot A) so I haven't done any
    installation. When I do, I'll certainly appreciate the drivers you helped
    me obtain. Thank you for you answers and helpful links. I am much obliged.
    Best, JG

    JeffG, Jan 20, 2004