Help with WC3 Frozen Throne, hardware problems

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Vokaj, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. Vokaj

    Vokaj Guest

    I have:

    Pentium IV 2.4
    1 Giga Ram
    ATI Radeon 9800 video card
    Sound Blaster Creative Labs card
    Windows XP

    When I am playing Warcraft III, after a while, the computer freezes
    with a constant noise. The screen shows the last movement, the only
    way to use the computer again is reestarting the system.

    When I restart happens the same over and over.

    I updated both drivers for video and sound card.

    Any help?

    Thanks.

    Vokaj, Nov 11, 2006

  2. Vokaj

    First of One Guest

    As a start, set the motherboard to run in AGP4x (as opposed to 8x) and
    disable Fast Writes, Sideband Addressing, etc.

    Disable hardware sound acceleration, EAX, etc. from the in-game options, if
    they are available.

    First of One, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Vokaj

    kony Guest

    Does it happen on any other games?

    If not, patch the game. If that doesn't help or isn't
    possible, adjust your game settings. Research any potential
    issues with your sound and video drivers- it could be that
    the latest has bugs that other versions don't.

    Also monitor temps and voltages, particuarly if there is
    anything else the system can't do stabily.

    kony, Nov 12, 2006
  4. Vokaj

    Folk Guest

    Freezing during gaming is often a sign of marginal memory. Try
    swapping in known good memory, or at least running some memory tests
    like Memtest.

    Folk, Nov 12, 2006
  5. Vokaj

    Vokaj Guest

    I have it right now in AGP4X, I'll try with the others advice.

    Thanks.

    First of One ha escrito:

    Vokaj, Nov 12, 2006
  6. Vokaj