Help With XPPro Install

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Louis Bybee, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Louis Bybee

    Louis Bybee Guest

    I have an Abit NF7-S Motherboard that I am installing XPPro on. The install
    seems to go well enough, but I have a few questions regarding drivers.

    I am receiving conflicting advice from the computer store about how, and
    which drivers to install. They say not to install the IDE Drivers on the CD
    ROM, but to use the drivers installed by XP. As to the remainder of the
    drivers what they advise changes each time I talk with them.

    In the manual there are very specific instructions on installing drivers for
    W2000, but nothing regarding XP. Among others I am not sure which sound
    drivers to install, and haven't been able to get the sound working. I have
    tried a few of the choices, but I must be missing something.

    I would appreciate it if some one could advise me on which drivers, from
    what source (CD-ROM that came with the MB, Internet, etc.), and the process
    and order they should be installed in for my install.

    I have the Abit NF7-S Motherboard, IDE ATA-133 Hard Drive, 52x CD-ROM Drive,
    DVD+-R/RW Drive, etc.

    Thank you in advance!

    Louis--
    Remove the two fish in address to respond

    Louis Bybee, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Louis Bybee

    Louis Bybee Guest

    The devices that XPPro doesn't recognize (yellow Question mark) are under
    other devices:
    Ethernet Controller
    Multimedia Audio Controller
    Multimedia Audio Controller
    RAID Controller
    SM Bus Controller
    Video Controller (I haven't installed ATI drivers yet)

    Under Sound, Video, and game controllers there are:
    Audio Codecs
    Legacy Audio Drivers
    Legacy Video Capture Devices
    Media Control Devices
    Video Codecs

    No other conflicts indicated.

    Thank you.

    Louis Bybee, Nov 4, 2004

  3. Louis Bybee

    LostSoul Guest

    LostSoul, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Louis Bybee

    Louis Bybee Guest

    These drivers will work for the Abit NF7-S Motherboard?

    When you try to install them I'm assuming the motherboard is querried to see
    which drivers are appropriate.

    Thank you.

    Louis

    Louis Bybee, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Louis Bybee

    LostSoul Guest

    Itll install all of the ones you listed there youre motherboard drivers nf7s
    v2.0 then get the 3.10 drivers from ati if thats the graphics card an then
    directx 9. I like install motherboard drivers then directx then grapHics
    card Drivers :)

    LostSoul, Nov 4, 2004
  6. Louis Bybee

    Louis Bybee Guest

    Louis Bybee, Nov 5, 2004
  7. Louis Bybee

    LostSoul Guest

    Youre welcome is it all working good now . Ive had mine for a year now and
    love it . Sound storm audio RoX. I am using a modded bios At the momment an
    running 230 fsb an 9.5 multi .Am getting 3500 mem reads
    mem write is 1367
    an mem latencty at 74.6
    Im using everest home edition to check it. Ive had it higher but unstable as
    im running to different mem sticks in dual channel pc 3200 oc mem cas rated
    at 2 2 2 7 running now at 2.5 3 3 11 at above settings second stick pc 3500
    oc mem rated at cas 2.5 3 3 7 now at 2.5 3 3 11. all at 3.2 volts on memmory
    using overclocker memmory booster. also unlocked xp2500 barton 333 fsb part
    lol. I cant beleive how far a 333 overclocked :)

    LostSoul, Nov 7, 2004