Help - XP Locked me out!!

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by MG, May 31, 2005.

  1. MG

    MG Guest

    Hi All,

    I removed my main HDD to do some repairs on another HDD running a
    different OS on my T23. When I went to reinstate my original HDD
    running XP sp1, it came up with all kinds of error reports as to why
    XP wouldn't load (all different and gobbledy gook anyway) so I had no
    option other than to try and recover.

    I eventually had to resort to reloading the whole OS from the CD, but
    when it came back up, it won't allow me to logon saying:

    "The Policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively"
    ????!!!

    As I am the sole user of this machine, I only have the Administrator
    setup.

    I can however get to the command prompt where it allows me to use my
    original password, but I am stumped as to what to do from here...?

    I have a lot of important data on the drive, which seems all there so
    far, albeit I cannot get into the Directories - access is denied! So I
    need a helpful prompt if you have been in this situation.

    Many thanks for a quick response.

    Mark
    UK
    **REMOVE** 'myhat' from my return email address before sending!!

    MG, May 31, 2005

  2. MG

    Guillermo Guest

    To get your data get an adaptor and plug in your hard drive to other
    computer (either a desktop with an IDE adaptor or a laptop/desktop with a
    USB2.0 adaptor). you should be able to get your data with no problem.

    guillermo

    Guillermo, May 31, 2005

  3. MG

    J. Clarke Guest

    Are you logging onto the local machine account or a network domain account?
    If one then try the other.

    J. Clarke, May 31, 2005
  4. MG

    MG Guest

    I am the only home (local) user....???....?
    **REMOVE** 'myhat' from my return email address before sending!!

    MG, Jun 3, 2005