HEY CRAIG SUTTON (World Premiere: Skybuck's Memory Read Performance Test) :)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Skybuck Flying, May 27, 2006.

  1. Hey Craig,

    You wanted some benchmarks numbers didn't you ?

    Well I just updated and improved my memory read performance test benchmark.

    And because you so stubern I decided to share it with you and the rest of
    the world but ofcourse not indefinetly so get it while you can.

    Normally I don't release these "in-house" tools ;)

    Here is the link to the zip file containing the software/program/executable
    and a short manual which also contains some benchmark numbers (at the bottom
    of the manual).

    It's up to you if you have the balls to run it. There is no virus in it. But
    I understand if you don't want to run it.

    If you do run it it would be very interesting to compare results...

    It would also be interesting if other people ran this software and posted
    their results.

    I expected the numbers to be higher when the memory size was lower...
    because of cache hits.

    This seems not to be the case. I have no idea why that is.

    The software is able to run 4 threads. I wrote it to test my dual core
    processor. Only two threads would have been enough but I wondered what would
    happen with 4 threads.

    As the manual describes this software is not really ment to test multi core
    processors...(since the threads can only be instructed to run on core 0 or
    core 1 or all cores by selecting none.) though it might be usefull anyway.

    Here is the link to the software:

    http://home.12move.nl/skybuck/SkybucksMemoryReadPerformanceTestVersion005.zip

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 27, 2006

  2. This have to do with ASUS how?

    Best Regards,

    Damiel Mandic

    Daniel Mandic, May 27, 2006

  3. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Thanks bucky I will test it

    Craig Sutton, May 27, 2006
  4. Skybuck Flying

    Craig Sutton Guest

    My p3 450 gives around 18-19000 at the 64 default.

    Might try it on the new box later.

    Craig Sutton, May 27, 2006
  5. Ok cool.

    Bye,