Hey everyone! New to list, looking for a certain PB setup...

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by 33black, Jan 7, 2012.

  1. 33black

    33black Guest

    Hey everyone,

    New to this list (didn't realize it existed before) and looking for a
    specific PB setup.

    It's this exact one right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/st3wy/2729324085/

    PB Legend 316SX

    No one is ever selling that exact same monitor, can't find that
    anywhere. I think I found the cpu on ebay (unfortunately), but I'm
    not going to pay these ridiculous prices for them. It's a machine I'm
    going to mess around on, for nostalgia.

    I have a pretty large Apple collection, with one other PB that I got
    for $20, but it's not the one I'm looking for.

    I had this exact same setup as a kid and ran a Spitfire BBS on it with
    a 2400, then a 9600 modem. I want to resurrect a PCBoard BBS on it,
    just for fun.

    The other kick is that it'd be helpful if you lived in or near the LA,
    CA area, unless you could ship.

    I really don't have a lot of money, as it's a hobby, and I work
    slinging luggage at a hotel on tips. :) I'd be open to trades as
    well if you are looking for any Apple stuff.

    Cheers!

    33black, Jan 7, 2012

  2. On Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:36:58 PM UTC-6, 33black wrote:
    > Hey everyone,
    >

    > New to this list (didn't realize it existed before) and looking for a
    >
    > specific PB setup.
    >

    > It's this exact one right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/st3wy/2729324085/
    >

    > PB Legend 316SX
    >

    > No one is ever selling that exact same monitor, can't find that
    >
    > anywhere. I think I found the cpu on ebay (unfortunately), but I'm
    >
    > not going to pay these ridiculous prices for them. It's a machine I'm
    >
    > going to mess around on, for nostalgia.
    >

    > I have a pretty large Apple collection, with one other PB that I got
    >
    > for $20, but it's not the one I'm looking for.
    >

    > I had this exact same setup as a kid and ran a Spitfire BBS on it with
    >
    > a 2400, then a 9600 modem. I want to resurrect a PCBoard BBS on it,
    >
    > just for fun.
    >

    > The other kick is that it'd be helpful if you lived in or near the LA,
    >
    > CA area, unless you could ship.
    >

    > I really don't have a lot of money, as it's a hobby, and I work
    >
    > slinging luggage at a hotel on tips. :) I'd be open to trades as
    >
    > well if you are looking for any Apple stuff.
    >

    > Cheers!

    Enjoy!:

    http://iowacity.craigslist.org/sys/4287813645.html

    Anu Jeyaseelan, Jan 31, 2014