Hi all i would love to read any comment from you on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jhgd, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. jhgd

    jhgd Guest

    Hi all i would love to read any comment from you
    on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...

    I plan to pgrade from an ati 9800pro 128 mbs
    And i would apreaciate to know more about the
    gddr3 and advantage of the pixel shader 3.

    I've read to that this video card the x700pro
    256mb as a video in. Is this true.

    And finaly i've read to that there is not mych
    dfference between the two cards : ati 9800pro and
    the x700pro, in therm of 3d application. It that
    correct?

    thank you.

    jhgd, Jul 14, 2005

  2. jhgd

    Paul Guest

    ATI products that have VIVO (video in, video out connectors)
    usually have "All In Wonder" or AIW as part of the product
    name. Your x700pro is just a video card, without hardware
    VIVO capability, as near as I can tell.

    According to the ATI web page, the x700pro has "VideoShader HD"
    for "improved DVD playback", and that is for watching
    DVD movies.

    This is an example of an ATI PCI-Express card with the AIW
    name. Video I/O is via a breakout cable:

    http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-463&depa=0
    Some pictures:
    http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/ap.../14-102-463-06.jpg&CurImage=14-102-463-04.jpg

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 14, 2005

  3. jhgd

    jhgd Guest

    -In article
    bizbiz wrote:
    -
    -> Hi all i would love to read any comment from
    you
    -> on the ati x700 pro 256 mbs...
    ->
[...]
    -http://www.newegg.com/OldVersion/app/Showimage.asp?image=14-102-463-01.jpg/14-102-463-02.jpg/14-102-463-03.jpg/14-102-463-04.jpg/14-102-463-05.jpg/14-102-463-06.jpg&CurImage=14-102-463-04.jpg
    -
    -HTH,
    - Paul

    Hmm, no aiw, so i think i better check for
    something else... i think there is some 600gt that
    posses that in video.

    in the years 2001-3 ati was the brand to choice
    for image quality but now that nvidia as ... grown
    up.... Can we tell that nvidia as gain some
    experience in term of quality rendering. ie: 3d
    forms + more colors and stuff like that? if so it
    woulb be a must with it mid range cards like the
    6600gt

    http://www.thechannelinsider.com/article2/0,1895,1743460,00.asp
    This web site compare the aopen 6600gt to the
    x700pro and prouve that the x700pro sucks in
    3dmark, doom3 and far cry witch are the kind of
    game that i play for the graphic and it special
    effect... gamer stuff :)

    hmm, the more that i think the more i think to
    switch back to nvidia.

    a+

    jhgd, Jul 14, 2005
  4. jhgd

    Paul Guest

    Have a look around. There might be other ATI products, like
    this one:

    http://www.d-silence.com/headlines/AIW X800 XL by ATI/21334

    "All-In-Wonder X800 XL for PCI Express will be available
    later this summer with an MSRP of $399 USD"

    Note - that is _not_ the same thing as this card. There are
    already plenty of AGP versions of that card out there, and
    the new one (not shipping yet) will be PCI Express. This
    is an example of the older AGP one:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102492R

    Also, you don't have to purchase AIW type products - you could
    purchase a separate capture card, and a gamer graphics card,
    and have the best of both worlds. That way, you can find the
    feature set you want on the capture card. While this one is
    far from ideal, it is an example of packaging of a
    separate ATI Theatre chip and tuner on a card. Hauppauge
    and others make capture cards too.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815117801

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 14, 2005
  5. jhgd

    DDC Guest

    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=FR&sku_id=0665000FS10067121&catid=
    You might want to check that link if your in canada it's cost around
    350 $ can for an ati x800xl

    and going from a 9800pro to a x700pro is not wise unless your satisfy
    with the frame rate you already got.

    DDC, Nov 8, 2005