Hibernate and suspend simply not supported on GA-K8N Pro?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by man, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. man

    man Guest

    :On Tue, 06 May 2008 14:44:31 -0700, Dan Musicant ()
    :wrote:
    :
    :>I got a great tip at techsupportforums.com to try a free tool called MSC
    :>Standby Tool:
    :>
    :>http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml
    :>
    :>It was originally for MSC but works for several OS's and can do a lot to
    :>resolve the evidently very prevalent problems encountered with reduced
    :>power states. ;)
    :>
    :>It can be run as an exe or installed from the exe's GUI, for expanded
    :>control. I haven't installed it yet, but ran it and went into S3 Standby
    :>and successfully woke the system up after 49 minutes, which I think is a
    :>record. I don't feel so bad now that I realize that the problems I've
    :>been having are commonplace and that there are things I can do to
    :>resolve the difficulties. This tool looks terrific.
    :
    :I tried it, I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but I did not see
    :any difference in the behavior of my K8N Pro.
    :

    Try installing the all-in-one driver package for nforce3 (36 MB) from
    nvidia.com,

    nForce_5.11_winxp2k_international_whql.exe

    You can get it here:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce3_winxp_5.11.html

    man, May 9, 2008