    doing it and it is definitely hibernation mode, not sleep or standby.
    This is the X300 with factory installed Windows XP Pro so it's not a
    Vista bug, either. Thanks!

    Sara Li, Jun 5, 2008

  2. Sara Li

    sapper Guest

    I was going to say that this is a Vista bug, but you ruled that out ;-
    (

    Hibernation typically copies memory contents to a file and then loads
    it when you come out of hibernation. There should be no drain when in
    hibernate mode - this is how my X60s, X60 works and how it worked on
    the t43, T42, T30 and T21 (all of which I have used extensively). One
    way to check things is to remove the battery overnight AFTER you
    hibernate, next morning insert the battery back and see if the battery
    drained. It should not. If it does not then the fault is in the X300
    - they probably either maintain power for the solid state disk drive
    in the X300 - which should not be required; else it is a "feature"
    Lenovo introduced.
    Perhaps someone who has a X300 with a 'normal' HDD can tell you if
    they have a drain too.

    sapper, Jun 13, 2008