" high definition bus audio" driver is missing A8N-E

Discussion in 'Asus' started by marcgrn, Mar 16, 2011.

  1. marcgrn

    marcgrn Guest

    Hello!
    I have cleaned my computer after problem of "blue screen" and installed winXP
    Everything is working fine but a " high definition bus audio" driver is still missing.
    I tried a patch: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 HD Audio Patch KB888111 but it is not
    compatible with sp3.

    Asus Motherboard: Model: A8N-E
    OS: WinXP (SP3)
    NVIDIA chipset drivers disk for Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003 32bit and Windows XP/2003 64bit.(Version V6.65 )
    Audiodriver: Realtek ALC850 Driver V5.10.0.5870 for Windows 2000/XP(WHQL)/2003
    Source: http://support.asus.com/

    Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance
    Mger.

    marcgrn, Mar 16, 2011

  2. marcgrn

    Rob Guest

    On 16/03/2011 11:16, marcgrn wrote:
    > Hello!
    > I have cleaned my computer after problem of "blue screen" and installed winXP
    > Everything is working fine but a " high definition bus audio" driver is still missing.
    > I tried a patch: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 HD Audio Patch KB888111 but it is not
    > compatible with sp3.
    >
    > Asus Motherboard: Model: A8N-E
    > OS: WinXP (SP3)
    > NVIDIA chipset drivers disk for Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003 32bit and Windows XP/2003 64bit.(Version V6.65 )
    > Audiodriver: Realtek ALC850 Driver V5.10.0.5870 for Windows 2000/XP(WHQL)/2003
    > Source: http://support.asus.com/

    The HD audio could be on your graphics card and nothing to do
    with your motherboard/chipset.
    Check Device Manager - if the Realtek ALC850 is flagged as working
    properly in there, the chances are it is HD audio on the graphics
    card.
    Try letting windows search online for the correct driver. If that
    fails, check the website of your graphics card manufacturer.
    --
    Rob

    Rob, Mar 16, 2011

  3. marcgrn

    Paul Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > On 16/03/2011 11:16, marcgrn wrote:
    >> Hello!
    >> I have cleaned my computer after problem of "blue screen" and
    >> installed winXP
    >> Everything is working fine but a " high definition bus audio" driver
    >> is still missing.
    >> I tried a patch: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003 HD Audio Patch
    >> KB888111 but it is not
    >> compatible with sp3.
    >>
    >> Asus Motherboard: Model: A8N-E
    >> OS: WinXP (SP3)
    >> NVIDIA chipset drivers disk for Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003 32bit
    >> and Windows XP/2003 64bit.(Version V6.65 )
    >> Audiodriver: Realtek ALC850 Driver V5.10.0.5870 for Windows
    >> 2000/XP(WHQL)/2003
    >> Source: http://support.asus.com/

    > The HD audio could be on your graphics card and nothing to do
    > with your motherboard/chipset.
    > Check Device Manager - if the Realtek ALC850 is flagged as working
    > properly in there, the chances are it is HD audio on the graphics
    > card.
    > Try letting windows search online for the correct driver. If that
    > fails, check the website of your graphics card manufacturer.

    ALC850 is AC'97, so as you say, a claim of HDAudio could be coming
    from a graphics card.

    http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/...id=1&PNid=23&PFid=31&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=59

    WinXP SP3 already has a copy of "hdaudbus.sys" in it, so doesn't
    need KB888111. Sometimes, an HDAudio driver package will use
    the wrong logic for dealing with the Microsoft driver.

    If the HDAudio is on the video card, and you're not interested
    in doing "audio over HDMI" via the video card, perhaps it can
    be disabled in Device Manager ?

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 16, 2011