High End Embedded/Low-End x86 Benchmarks Available

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Alan R. Weiss, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. We have announced a new program for x86 vendors, or their customers, to
    license a new x86 High End Embedded (i.e. Internet appliance, thin client,
    set-top box) / Low End PC (i.e. very low cost target) Benchmark Suite.
    These benchmarks run on Windows XP, Windows CE (various flavors), or Linux.

    http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=1907322

    http://www.eeproductcenter.com/showPressRelease.jhtml?articleID=X213845

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/synchromesh_
    whitepaper051904.pdf

    So far, AMD has licensed it and is using it to rank and rate their
    processors in terms of both performance and power consumption. We are
    obviously talking to other x86 processor vendors about licensing it and
    joining the program.

    If these vendors publish the certified scores, you will be able to
    intelligently select processors based on more than just price and claimed
    performance. Please take a moment to encourage them to give me some
    business <smile> by having them contact us.

    Remember: for processor-centric benchmarks (not system-level), EEMBC's
    benchmarks are terrific and the scores are available for free at
    http://www.eembc.org Our new benchmark suite is complimentary to EEMBC's
    and focuses on a specific market segment at the system level.

    Thanks for your time,

    Alan R. Weiss
    CEO, EEMBC Certification Laboratories and Synchromesh Computing
    6507 Jester Blvd, Suite 511, Austin, Texas 78750 USA
    Voice: 512-219-0302 Fax: 512-219-0402 Mobile: 512-845-1305
    email: or or
    SMS Text Page: (100 characters max)
    ECL: http://www.ebenchmarks.com EEMBC: http://www.eembc.org
    Synchromesh Computing: http://www.synchromeshcomputing.com