    the nose is not coming through them.

    Does anyone have any ideas about this?

    John

    jbclem, Jul 3, 2003

  2. jbclem

    John Smith Guest

    Either you HD whines or it is one of the fans such as the CPU fan. Go on
    over to http://www.silentpcreview.com/ and askin the forums for some expert
    advice.

    J.

    John Smith, Jul 3, 2003

  3. jbclem

    Vic Baron Guest

    Well, I'd first check the bearings on any of the fans in the case or the ps.
    If you think it's coming from the computer speaker, disconnect the lead from
    the mobo and try again. My bets are the fan bearings

    HTH,

    vgb

    Vic Baron, Jul 3, 2003
  4. jbclem

    jbclem Guest

    Hi John,

    I don't think it's either as the noise stops when I pull the speak
    connection off the motherboard. Also, at the same time the noise is going
    on there is a light flashing on the front of the computer. It's not the
    hard drive light but a light with a lightbulb icon next to it. Any idea
    what that means?

    Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

    John

    jbclem, Jul 3, 2003
  5. jbclem

    John Smith Guest

    Sorry, I don't know enough about your board to help you out more. Try some
    of the overclocking NGs as they have links to Asus forums where you might
    find people with your board.

    J.

    John Smith, Jul 4, 2003
  6. jbclem

    Paul Guest

    I cannot seem to find TX7 as a model number. Is it a TX97 ? The
    PDF manual I have here, mentions three LEDs - Power LED, IDE (HDD)
    activity LED, and Message LED.

    This post in Google suggests the motherboard has detected the CPU
    is overtemperature. This gives a high pitched tone and flashes the
    power LED.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=ujku4.10726$55.62271@news2-hme0

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 4, 2003
  7. jbclem

    The Cybrow Guest

    Try unplugging the internal speaker. I'm not savvy enough to speculate
    on how or if it might be picking up spurious noise but it might be
    worth a shot. Do you have any USB devices? Sometimes a USB mouse
    will cause strange noises to come through the speakers.

    The Cybrow, Jul 4, 2003
  8. jbclem

    SteveH Guest

    Do you still get this noise if you turn the monitor off with the PC still
    running? I've heard of monitors doing this, I think it's to do with it's
    power supply going flaky (could be wrong there tho).

    SteveH

    SteveH, Jul 6, 2003
  9. jbclem

    bp Guest

    Bad bet
    Sounds like you CPU is over heating/ All the Asus boards I've own have
    a overheating warning . The reason it runs for 10 to 20 minutes is
    because it takes that long to heat up enough to set off the alarm.

    bp, Jul 7, 2003