high-speed A/D board - PMC module or VME board ?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Vik, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Vik

    Vik Guest

    Dear All,

    Looking for suggestions, for a high-speed A/D board ( either a PMC
    module or something that plugs into the VME backplane )..preferrably a
    multi-function board , which can sample 8-16 channels simultaneously
    at 4 KHz or faster.

    It has to be used on a data-acquisition system which has Motorola's
    MVME5100 single-board computer as the sysetm controller, and some
    other proprietary boards for recieving data. All these boards are
    plugged on a VME backplane.
    The SBC runs VxWorks , so it would be nice if this A/D board had some
    kind of VxWorks interface.

    Forgive me if this sounds like a basic question,but I am a software
    person, with a limited understanding of H/W.I would appreciate your
    inputs

    best regards
    E S

    Vik, Apr 15, 2004