  1. what ist the highest temp. for an Athlon 2000XP ?

    thx
    Andreas

    Andreas Kniepert, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Andreas Kniepert

    Wes Newell Guest

    AMD specs say max is 85-90C core temp. I wouldn't run one over 60C and
    with decent cooling, they should run under 50C for Palomino core, and
    under 40C for Tbred core. The problem is that different bioses even on the
    same board and cpu will report temp differences of 10C or more. So get a
    decent cooler, install it properly and you should be OK.

    Wes Newell, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Andreas Kniepert

    Gaidheal Guest

    take off the heatsink and fan and you ought to be able to get a good 400 -
    500 degrees C.

    :¬)

    Gaidheal, Jul 19, 2003