highpoint 370 driver install on existing win xp epox 8k7a+ fails

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Wolf-D. Perl, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. Wolf-D. Perl

    Wolf-D. Perl Guest

    hi,

    i have an epox 8k7a+ with existing win xp on it.
    now i want to use the highpoint 370 on board device,

    so i uograded to latest bios (may2002) and also upgraded highpoint
    bios to version 2.34.

    now when i boot my xp, which is on hdd 1, connected to first (normal)
    ide controller, it wants to install a driver but gets error saying
    there is an error in .inf file and i just contact the manufacturer.

    sorry, i have german xp, can't translate it better.

    when i connect the hdd to the highpoint adapter, it doesn't boot, it
    starts winxp, but then there comes a blue screen for a short moment
    and then it reboots
    itself.

    has anyone a tip for me how to install the newest driver?
    when i look in the driver.cab, the hpt3xx.sys ist older then the
    downloaded one.

    is it helping when i replace the file in there (but how)?

    please help me out.

    regards, wolf

    Wolf-D. Perl, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Wolf-D. Perl

    John Guest

    I have the same mobo and have had a similar problem.It is essential that you
    keep the Highpoint BIOS in step with the Epox BIOS. I got them out of step
    once and the Australian Epox distributor sent me a matched pair. That is my
    reference set and I always start from there. I can apply most later Epox
    BIOS or Windows drivers without problems.
    John.

    John, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Wolf-D. Perl

    Wolf-D. Perl Guest

    i have managed it by myself.

    the only thing i did wrong was at the point when adding the driver for
    the
    "massenspeichercontroller" (sorry, it's german install),
    at that point i had to choose the highpoint 370 device from the list!,
    not let it search by itself. and after i had chosen the explicit
    driver from the list, i could upgrade that with the downloaded drivers
    (v2.34).

    after a reboot it works all very well.

    regards, wolf

    Wolf-D. Perl, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Wolf-D. Perl

    Alec S. Guest

    How did you get it out of step? Did you download the latest HighPoint
    bios from their website and inject it into the EPoX bios? If so, then it's
    not a good idea? Why doesn't EPoX update their BIOSes to include the 2.34
    HP bios?

    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007
    Alec S., Jan 20, 2004
  5. Wolf-D. Perl

    John Guest

    I get my updates from epox, but some BIOS updates include the Highpoint RAID
    BIOS and some do not. Somehow I ended up with a combination that gave RAID
    troubles. If you do not know what your RAID BIOS status is, then you have
    trouble matching the Windows drivers. Anyway, I have a stable system that is
    quite fast enough for all business applications and most entertainment, and
    I have not changed anything for a long time (except Windows version). I do
    not try hard disks larger than 128 GB, and have a XP2100+ processor which
    will keep the thing running until it stops - no sign of that at this time.
    John.

    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007
    John, Jan 23, 2004