    I'm eyeballing a couple and the online reviews look alright, but I
    wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who has had any experience positive or
    negative.

    DevilsPGD, Oct 9, 2008

  2. DevilsPGD

    Jim Rusling Guest

    I have a 2310 on a Vista machine. The only problem that I have had is
    with Acronis True Image 11.0. The standalone boot CD would not
    recognize it. They have a fix, which works, that will be included in
    the next release. I have 4 500 GB drives set up as a RAID 5 array.

    Jim Rusling, Oct 9, 2008

  3. DevilsPGD

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Jim Rusling
    I don't backup in the conventional sense, so I'm not worried, but
    thanks.

    Instead of backups, I'm running two RAID-5 arrays on separate hardware
    that synchronize, both of which offer shadow copies, which covers me
    against any failure, including human error (within my tolerance for
    loss, anyway)
    Ever tried expanding an array?

    I'm still digesting, but I'm actually looking at going to RAID-0 instead
    of RAID-5, assuming I can still expand the array, although I haven't
    been able to confirm that.

    DevilsPGD, Oct 9, 2008
  4. DevilsPGD

    Jim Rusling Guest

    No I have not tried to expand it. I still have almost 1 TB of free
    space left. I do like the performance though. It is good especially
    for large files.

    Jim Rusling, Oct 9, 2008
  5. DevilsPGD

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> Jim Rusling
    I've been running a 2TB RAID-0 array, and a single 750GB in JBOD mode
    with it's 750GB partner on the way to Seagate for RMA, and a third (to
    give me 1.5TB in RAID-5) on order.

    The RMA drive just got here so I put it online and it's estimating over
    2 days to switch to RAID-1. Wow.

    On the plus side when actually using the drives the performance is flat
    out amazing, just the online migration is rather sluggish.

    I'm impressed enough that I've got another card on order for use in
    another one of my servers.

    Thanks for the info.

    DevilsPGD, Nov 22, 2008