Highpoint SATA 1542 - Dell Server problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gunter Lorek, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Gunter Lorek

    Gunter Lorek Guest

    Hello group,

    I have a serious problem with a Dell Power Edge 2500 an a HighPoint
    RocketRAID 1542 SATA controller card with two external RocketMate 1100
    drives. The controller is recognized by the system and detected the
    drives, the controller's BIOS is accessible, the server booted. After
    installing the driver for the card the system hangs up when starting
    the OS (Win NT4, SP6). I used the driver coming with the card and a
    new downloaded version (jan, 19th).
    The server is equipped with:
    Power Edge Expandable RAID Controller 3/Di with a RAID 5 set
    Adaptec AIC 7892 with a Sony TLS1100 tape library
    The IRQ-config is:
    Embedded serverworks IRQ 10
    SLOT 7 / NIC IRQ 11
    Embedded RAID Controller IRQ 7