Hightec GNU cross tools chain for Tricore

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by mig73, May 15, 2006.

  1. mig73

    mig73 Guest

    Hello,

    I am currently trying to cross compile Python 2.4.3 to be embedded in
    TC1130 step BA board (based on a Tricore processor).

    I use a cross tools chain from a company called Highte
    (gnu_v3341_1_stepB_complete for information)

    To do so, I run a script called "configure" which checks the system an
    creates a relevant configuration file before we compile. (as a usua
    configure script actually...)

    I pass the following options:
    --build=i686-pc-linux and --host=tricore-unknown-linux
    Python is compiled on the "build" system and must be executed on th
    "host" system

    I got the following error:

    checking MACHDEP... linux2
    checking EXTRAPLATDIR...
    checking for --without-gcc... no
    checking for --with-cxx=<compiler>... no
    checking for c++... c++
    checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
    checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
    checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
    checking for suffix of executables...
    checking for tricore-gcc... tricore-gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
    compiler cannot create executables
    See `config.log' for more details.

    So I check the config.log and it is written:

    configure:2296: checking for C compiler default output file name
    configure:2299: tricore-gcc conftest.c >&5
    ld: unrecognised emulation mode: tricorelinux
    Supported emulations: elf_i386 i386linux

    In fact, tricorelinux is a kind of configuration belonging to th
    tricore-ld binary, and not the native ld binary.

    I don"t understand why it calls ld instead of tricore-ld. Few people seem
    to have met such trouble with their crosstools, no matter what their targe
    is. Does anybody know this problem ?

    Anyway, I remove /usr/bin/ld and replace it by a symbolic link so that th
    script can find tricore-ld.

    This time, I got the "reverse" error.
    /gnu/install-tricoreLinux/Linux.33/bin/ld: unrecognised emulation mode
    elf_i386Supported emulations: elf32tricore tricorelinux

    It is clear that the configure script needs both linker binaries
    tricore-ld and the native one.

    Any idea to resolv this problem?

    Thanks a lot

    mig73, May 15, 2006