    would do this but no where near as often. Anyone have this drive care
    to comment?

    Thanks

    Jeffrey Ellin, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Jeffrey Ellin

    danco Guest

    Mine never does that. Go to the downloads section of the
    http://www.hgst.com website and download the utility that lets you
    change the thermal management (and other drive behavior).

    danco, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Be forewarned that you need a floppy drive to unpack the utility and a
    bootable floppy use the utility.

    Not having one on my P25, I downloaded to another pc with a floppy and
    created the floppy drive there, then used a utility to create a bootable
    ISO image from the floppy, and then burned that to cd.

    The utility *mostly* works off the cd but can't write it's log file to
    disk. You can skip that error and live without the log file.

    A royal pain and timewaster.

    Hitachi should provide ISO images of their utilities like Toshiba does!

    Richard Grossman, Nov 19, 2003