    I want to control it with a Atmel or a Xilinx. The are Driver ICs and
    a RAM onboard.

    thx.

    EyeOfRa, Oct 6, 2003

  2. The LM238B has an HD61830 controller onboard.
    My LM213XB is an updated LCD, but the controller works the same, so I
    would guess the "X" is just an updated LCD on yours also.

    Google the HD61830 and the first hit is
    http://shellyinc.com/conchips/HD61830.pdf
    which tells you more than you want to know about it, but it does have the

    programming info.

    The 10 pin is not to be used!
    The 20 pin is labeled A1-A20 and on my picture is just pads with the A1
    on the left side of the front view.

    A1-VSS- Ground
    A2 VDD-(+5V)
    A3-Vo-LCD power
    A4-RS-Register select
    A5-R/W-Read/Write
    A6-E-Enable
    A7-14 DB0-DB7 Data bus
    A15-CS-ChipSelect(active low)
    A16-RES-Reset(active low)
    A17-VEE-(-13.5V)
    A18-20 N.C.

    The sample for LCD bias is a pot connected to VDD and VEE with the wiper
    connected to Vo.

    A source for the VEE could be tapping the -12V on a Maxim 232 chip with a

    larger cap in the -V charge pump, which is what I did on my LCD terminal:

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gdrumm/terminal.htm

    Gary

    gary drummond, Oct 12, 2003

  3. EyeOfRa

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Are there this item again?I would like to buy it.

    Are there this item again?I would like to buy it 1 pc.

    , Jul 20, 2011