    I get an "Invalid Scan Frequency" message on top of a lot of snow when I try
    to use it.

    Is there anything I can do to use this monitor with my workstation?

    David Streb, Jul 28, 2003

  2. David Streb

    Ed Hall Guest

    You need a specially wired cable. The sync lines are on different pins from
    Sun to Hitachi.
    Regards,
    Ed Hall
    Ultra Spec Cables

    Ed Hall, Jul 29, 2003

  3. David Streb

    David Streb Guest

    I'm told by another Sun vendor that any 13W3 to 13W3 cable is the same -
    that what I need to do is to reprogram the Open Boot Prom to have the Sun
    workstation read at a different sync rate. That's not the case?

    David Streb, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Not all 13W3 connectors are wired the same. The Sun wiring spec is
    different than the SGI spec, and there may be other variations on the
    theme as well. You DO need to get the right adapter to fit your
    application.

    I've just picked up a Sun to VGA adapter so now I'm running
    a Sun GDM20E20 on my PC, and it's a fantastic monitor. I got the
    adapter from Deep Space Cables via ebay for 9 bucks.

    CJ

    Chris Johnson, Jul 30, 2003
  5. David Streb

    Andrew Kam Guest

    Good morning all!

    Post your technical queries to if you are based in
    the Asia Pacific region (including Australia and New Zealand). This is the
    Technical Support area. They should be able to point you in the right
    direction.

    However, unless you have a Cobalt machine - all other hardware and software
    support requires you to have a valid maintenance contract number with Sun.
    If you don't have one, be prepared to pay for time and materials costs.

    Best regards
    Andrew

    Andrew Kam, Aug 4, 2003