    and the other jumper settings and the laptop will still not recognize
    the HD. I also checked with Compaq and they tell me the HD is
    compatible as well.

    hizark21, Dec 5, 2005

  2. hizark21

    Quaoar Guest

    What specifically does BIOS setup show for the drive? Is it set for
    Auto typing?

    Quaoar, Dec 6, 2005

  3. hizark21

    hizark21 Guest

    I run test HD in setup tools the message appears "HD not found"

    hizark21, Dec 6, 2005
  4. hizark21

    Quaoar Guest

    Go to BIOS setup, however that is done on this computer, F2 or whatever
    key is required at boot. The drive must be properly enabled in BIOS.
    Most recent computers use Auto as the drive type setting. If you are
    booting from a CD, you can enter BIOS Setup (start typing F2 or the
    appropriate key just after powering on), then use tools on the CD to
    format the drive.

    Quaoar, Dec 6, 2005
  5. hizark21

    hizark21 Guest

    Tried that already

    hizark21, Dec 6, 2005
  6. hizark21

    Quaoar Guest

    Does the drive connector have a detent that only permits it to connect
    to the drive in one position? In other words, are you sure the drive is
    connected correctly and not moved over by one set of pins or is not
    inverted on the connector? dIs the connector fully inserted on the
    drive pins? Is there any indication that the drive has power?

    Quaoar, Dec 6, 2005