Hitachi Travelstar E7K60 vs 7K60 7200RPM Hard drives

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by V. Raul, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. V. Raul

    V. Raul Guest

    V. Raul, Jan 29, 2004

  2. V. Raul

    Dan Koren Guest

    I will -- as soon as it arrives in the mail.

    The E7K60 is an enhanced availability drive rated for a
    higher write duty ratio and continuous operation. I don't
    know if they are actually designed/built differently, or
    just test graded.

    dk

    Dan Koren, Jan 29, 2004

  3. V. Raul

    John Guest

    John, Jan 29, 2004
  4. V. Raul

    Guest Guest

    ( before e-mailing, remove "NOSPAM" from address )

    Any information about the price and where it can be found ?

    Guest, Jan 29, 2004
  5. V. Raul

    Dan Koren Guest

    Last time I checked it was $284 chez Dell
    and $260 at www.spacesystems.com. Many
    e-tailers have them listed but they're
    usually out of stock since demand still
    exceeds supply.

    dk

    Dan Koren, Jan 30, 2004
  6. V. Raul

    Dan Koren Guest

    Correction -- it's www.spacecentersystems.com.

    dk

    Dan Koren, Jan 30, 2004
  7. V. Raul

    Dan Koren Guest

    Toshiba just came out with a 50 GB 7200 rpm 2.5"
    laptop drive with 16 MB cache: Toshiba MK5024GAY.

    Would be interesting to benchmark against the
    Hitachi E7K60.

    dk

    Dan Koren, Jan 30, 2004
  8. V. Raul

    Guest Guest

    ( before e-mailing, remove "NOSPAM" from address )

    $ 278.95 at Dell
    Not available at the spacesystems site.

    Guest, Jan 30, 2004
  9. V. Raul

    Guest Guest

    ( before e-mailing, remove "NOSPAM" from address )

    Is this an improved model, and how would it compare to the IBM/Hitachi
    GNX ?

    Guest, Jan 30, 2004
  10. V. Raul

    John Guest

    Noticeable increased speed! I also have a 20 & 40GB GNX on which
    Ghost images are stored.

    John

    John, Jan 30, 2004