    be my problem, outside of the fact that I'm using an over clocked 503+?
    believe it or not, during heavy attacks on Beach Head 2000, it actually gets
    bogged. that game would play fine on a Tandy 1000. what's up?

    Jonathan h, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Jonathan h

    Kevin D Guest

    You didn't list what CPU you're using....

    Kevin D, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Jonathan h

    Den Guest

    "Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message news:3F08FF29.70506@des_nospam_enterprises.net...
    > You didn't list what CPU you're using....

    But its good to note a g-force 4 card being used on the 503+

    Den
    --
    Sig what sig its only a random collection of characters

    Den, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Jonathan h

    Den, Jul 7, 2003
  5. Jonathan h

    Den, Jul 7, 2003
  6. Jonathan h

    Den, Jul 7, 2003
  7. Jonathan h

    Robert Guest

    I believe you are experiencing PCI bus hogging. Might be the GF4 or the
    SBLive. It might help to update the drivers (GF4, SBLive and VIA 4 in 1),
    but only if you are using really old ones. The latest drivers might not be
    the best. Also, check this out: http://www.deinmeister.de/mvp3_zlt_e.htm
    "Jonathan h" <> wrote in message
    > I have a va503+ with a sb live card and a g-force 4 card. it's clocking

    500
    > MHz with 384 Mb of ram running windows 2000. when I play a song with
    > Windows media player, it plays great. but when I have the graphics turned
    > on, such as the swirly ambient thingy, the song becomes incredibly choppy
    > and slow. furthermore, I just bought Soldier Of Fortune 2 and installed

    it.
    > it starts fine, but once I fire a few times, and some explosions go off,

    it
    > becomes choppy like lag on a modem game and the volume breaks up and
    > scatters. SOF worked fine and so did Ghost Recon, but those were both

    before
    > the new card. but i have had this problem before the new card with the
    > music on WMP. GTA3 works okay, it gets a little bogged down at time, but
    > never any broken sound, and Swat 3 is interesting, because it only has the
    > sound problem on loading screens, where as with SOF2, the loading screens
    > are the only thing that doesn't act up. I saw you guys joking 503+'s in
    > early posts, but trust me. I didn't build the thing, nor would I keep

    this
    > cpu if I had the money for a Pentium 4. is there anyone that knows what

    may

    Robert, Jul 7, 2003
  8. Jonathan h

    Den, Jul 7, 2003
  9. Jonathan h

    Jonathan h Guest

    amd k6-2

    Jonathan h, Jul 7, 2003
  10. Jonathan h

    Jonathan h Guest

    "Robert Akins" <> wrote in message
    > Could you be a little more specific please- what was the original speed?
    > What are you using for a heatsink/fan? Plenty of cooling in the case?
    > "Jonathan h" <> wrote in message
    > > amd k6-2
    > > "Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message
    > > > You didn't list what CPU you're using....

    original speed is 500. it's not over clocked. my bad. it has no problems
    outside of the one mentioned, and the problem has existed before the g-force
    4 card.

    Jonathan h, Jul 11, 2003