    chipset as possible which are also low-cost and readily available?

    Yes, I need all that horsepower and interfaces.

    Thanks.

    kalyanamsaritha, Jan 11, 2008

  2. What is the kind of requirements you have w.r.t your project.
    That answer can shorten the search for the alternative chipset .

    Karthik Balaguru

    karthikbalaguru, Jan 11, 2008

  3. http://www.broadcom.com/products/Voice-Over-IP-(VoIP)/Stand-Alone-Med...ht=
    ports,=
    What is the kind of requirements you have w.r.t your project.
    That answer can shorten the search for the alternative chipset .

    Karthik Balaguru
    [/QUOTE]

    Exactly those provided by BCM1111 :)

    1. 300+ MHz CPU
    2. DSP
    3. TWO or more ethernet ports (MAC + PHY included preferable)
    4. Analog telephony interface (High voltage + SLIC + codecs)
    5. USB

    Hope this list helps.

    Thanks.

    kalyanamsaritha, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Interesting set of requirements !!
    But, i think, that many processors nowadays come up with these
    supports with them.

    ARM926EJ-S has support used to optimize virtually any type of media
    processing.
    It reduces the clock cycles required to execute a typical voice
    encoder.
    It has many other features that you require.
    You can check out OMAP 59xx series of processors that are dual core
    ( ARM9 + C55x DSP )
    and have DSP support also.

    Karthik Balaguru

    karthikbalaguru, Jan 11, 2008
  5. ARM926EJ-S was one of my earlier choices, and yes, it is has a juicy MH
    and DSP. However, the peripherals matter for me also, and this is where i
    is lacking, especially, the 2-port ethernet and analog telephony par
    (normally achieved via a Si3210 + Si3201).

    kalyanamsaritha, Jan 12, 2008
  6. kalyanamsaritha

    larwe Guest

    Consider a Virtex4. You can instantiate two MACs on it, attach two
    PHYs (the eval board only has one, but I think there is a different
    EVB that already has two). You can have two PPC cores in it, or one
    core and whatever filters you want implemented in "hardware" in the
    FPGA.

    larwe, Jan 12, 2008
  7. Did you check DaVinci Processors from TI ?
    I find that there are many solutions available w.r.t it that support a
    broad portfolio
    (Broadband access equipments,VOIP,Videophones and so on), and hence
    should
    be having the necessary peripherals/support for you .

    Karthik Balaguru

    karthikbalaguru, Jan 13, 2008