HOLYSHIT, DOOM THE MOVIE !!! AWESOME MOVIE !!! <- WHAT A RUSH !!!

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Hello,

    Ladies and Gentlemen, and probably mostly gentlemen ;)

    I just saw DOOM the movie and I must say:

    "What a fucking awesome great mind blowing movie !!!!!!!!!"

    WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW.

    I was expecting a movie that would suck... a saw some trailers and I didn't
    think the monster or the trailers look any good, so that's why I was
    expecting a sucky movie...

    So I started watching the movie, and the first 5 minutes were kinda boring,
    yadayadayada, a bit unrealistic and some bad acting to... in the first few
    minutes... but then the rest of the movie was GREAT !.

    The best scary/horror movie I saw so far was alien, aliens and predator, and
    doom surpassess it by miles =D

    THE REST OF THE MOVIE WAS FUCKING AWESOME !!!!!!! I
    LOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    DDDDDDD IT.

    OH MY GOD.

    I don't wanna give to much away but I just loooovveee this movie the best
    parts were so far:

    1. Many scary and unexpected scary events.

    2. First person mode, where the character blows my aliens into pieces lol
    fucking awesome.

    3. The fight scene with pinky who turned into a master.

    4. The last fighting scene was a bit standard fighting the "boss" like drop
    your weapons and lets fight man to something ;) <- I dont wanna give it away
    lol. So that was predictable... but the rest of the movie was unpredictable
    and I just lovvvvveeee that !

    WOW, ok I need to relax now because it sure got my blood pumping lol.

    WOEHHHHHH this movie felt reeeeeaaalllll
    goooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddd.

    WHAT A RUSH.

    Ok, I'll stop writing now.

    THIS MOVIE YOU MUST SEE IF YOU PLAYED DOOM1 or DOOM3 =D

    This movie is probably even fucking scary, maybe even more scary for normal
    people who aren't used to being scared like we gamers are used to be scaried
    in games.... but this movie sure adds a new dimension/level to it oooohhh
    yeah... trust me, you (<-gamers) will jump of your seat a couple of times
    garantueed !!! =D

    Oh man, I loved this movie... it was exciting !!!!!
    WOEEEEEEEHOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eee lol.

    Oh man ok, time to get back to normal.

    (Yes I posted this to the nvidia newsgroup too because normally I report
    there on games which gave me a rush or instant addication... and yup this
    movie sure gave me a rrrrrrrushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    fucking exciting... It gets a 10+ woeh !)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    TAKE CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Yeah,

    I thought about it some more and here is it in short:

    First the bad
    1. The story telling is the worst I have ever seen in a movie, nothing is
    explained.

    2. The first 5 minutes are boring, bad acting and bad story telling.

    The good
    1. The rest of the movie is fucking awesome !

    It's:

    2. Scary <- many jump of your seat events.

    3. It's brutal, many corpses, monsters, splatter and blood.

    4. Lot's of evil monsters, good special effects and good music and bass and
    all that stuff.

    5. The end titleing even had the best music of all.

    6. Totally unpredicatable except for the last fighting scene which is kinda
    standard.

    So here would be my advice to improve the film and make it the best movie
    ever hehehe:

    1. Cut off the first 5 minutes and replace it with a 5 minute moving
    explaining what the movie is all about, like, this is happening on mars, we
    lost contact with a research facility, researching some artifacts, explain
    how the jump gate/teleporters/archs work, explain what the weird bloopy door
    is, until now I still dont really know what it is... (Is it a teleporter ?
    or is it a special kind of security door ? :) )

    So that's what's missing a bit... the first 5 minutes try to explain this
    but don't do it so well ;)

    2. Also some scene's could have used a bit more light, like the sewer scenes
    etc:

    I kept thinking to myself:

    "Gjezfus fucking christ man, are you marines fucking nuts ?!?!?! Going in
    there with only a flash light ? I would bring the biggest lamp of the
    fucking face of the planet lol... and bright that fucker up lol =D"

    So if they really wanted a dark movie let the aliens destroy their fucking
    lamps or something...

    So it seemed a bit silly to go into the dark with only a tiny, tiny, tiny
    flash light... <- fucking crazy lol.

    No fucking way... in reality armies use big fucking lights (at least I think
    so (?) hihi ) ... I think alien had big lights or something... at least the
    game did... and euhm... well... there are enough movies with big lights ;)
    (moonwalker with micheal jackson the end scene, I think... yeah lot's of
    lights there)

    Oh well.

    Anyway it remains a good movie because it's a rush... it gets the blood
    pumping and swearling and after you will have enjoyed it a lot and be
    totally relaxed :D

    You should definetly see this movie !

    But don't show it to kids younger than 10 or so... they will probably
    freak/scare out lol.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    played... tada... Wolfenstein then Doom (all of 'em) Quake (all
    all warm inside.... butterflies and all that shit, You

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 21, 2005

  3. HAHAHAHA lol.

    Better not put that popcorn on your arms or so, or the pop corn will fly
    through the air lol.

    You have been warned !

    Such a waste of good jummy popcorn, you wont be happppppy !

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 21, 2005
  4. Skybuck Flying

    JR Guest

    THE REST OF THE MOVIE WAS FUCKING AWESOME !!!!!!! I
    well.... I find it hard to imagine it was that great :) but having played... tada... Wolfenstein then Doom (all of 'em) Quake (all
    of 'em)
    en UT..(all of 'em) I'm sure this movie will give me a snuggely feeling... all warm inside.... butterflies and all that shit, You
    know the
    kinda feeling others get it gathering around the Xmas tree On Xmas eve :))

    ohhh played the Quake mission packs & Megadoom too.... still have 'em :))

    JR

    now where the **** did I leave the number of my therapist.......

    JR, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Skybuck Flying

    wmmvrrvrrmm Guest

    I'll watch the movie because it might be like good entertainment to
    accompany a bucket of popcorn

    Dom

    wmmvrrvrrmm, Nov 21, 2005
  6. Skybuck Flying

    oldwolf Guest

    I take it you liked the movie??

    oldwolf

    oldwolf, Nov 22, 2005
  7. Yeah man,

    Be sure to check out the doom 2005 soundtrack as wellll.

    The last few tracks are pretty fucking-awesome-like coooooooooooooool.

    Like reaaaal doom music. Like doom1 but now in mp3 modern style format
    wwieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 22, 2005
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Doug Guest

    This post is all I need to know about why I don't want to see Doom.

    Doug, Nov 22, 2005
  9. Skybuck Flying

    myk Guest

    Heh, it's not really a good movie in the strict sense but its fun to
    watch, particularly if you've played the games.

    myk, Nov 22, 2005
  10. Skybuck Flying

    Kraftee Guest

    Played the games, can't even understand the bloody things.

    Don't get me wrong, a good shoot em up after a bad day at work is good,
    but adding a 'story line' to one either means you have to sit every
    night for hours at a time playing the dam thing (haven't got time, there
    is a great big world out there clamering for my attention) or have a
    darn good memory (or thirdly I'm just getting to be an old fart)...

    Kraftee, Nov 22, 2005
  11. Skybuck Flying

    Stephen Howe Guest

    2. Scary <- many jump of your seat events.

    With soiling?

    Stephen Howe, Nov 22, 2005
  12. Skybuck Flying

    McGrandpa Guest

    Um... I've got Item 'D'.... all of the above :eek:p
    McG. [grandkids 8 and 9 on the way now]

    McGrandpa, Nov 23, 2005
  13. Skybuck Flying

    Servo Guest

    <snippage>
    I loved it too! The changes to the story weren't TOO bad and the action
    was way cool. I saw it with 3 chicks and they all liked it alot! w00t!
    I read that the actors signed up for at least 1 sequel.

    --
    Servo
    "Happy trails, Hans!"

    Servo, Nov 23, 2005
  14. Lol, you mean shit your pants ? lol,

    No, not yet/that lol =D

    Bye,
    Skyyyyybbbbuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 23, 2005
  15. I saw it last night and thought it was a steaming pile of shit. They tried
    to rip off Aliens in so many scenes I got sick of thinking to myself "what
    an Aliens ripoff". The characters were 1 dimensional. It did have some
    scary moments but not enough to make up for all the crap.

    Fraser

    Fraser Johnston, Nov 24, 2005
  16. Yeah, I already saw that in trailers... it's kinda a rip off but I dont
    mind.

    It's just a complement to aliens... ;)

    Besides from that it does have many elements that at least came not from
    aliens wie <- :D

    It's least you think it's a steaming pile of shit and not a cold pile of
    shit lol.

    Anyway I have questionary for you:

    Did you play doom1 or doom3 ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Nov 24, 2005
  17. I played so much Doom 1 when I closed my eyes I saw corridors. I shit you
    not. I played a bit of Doom 3. There was some ok bits in the movie like
    the suspended BFG and the first person scene, but not enough to base a movie
    on. I would of been more impressed if they shot the thing all in the first
    person.

    Fraser

    Fraser Johnston, Nov 24, 2005
  18. Skybuck Flying

    Damon Guest

    Skybuck Flying wrote
    I think you mean an "homage" to Aliens, which is what they will say
    when they are accused of ripping it off.

    Damon

    Damon, Nov 25, 2005
  19. Skybuck Flying

    Stephen Howe Guest

    I loved it too! The changes to the story weren't TOO bad and the action
    Did they really?
    That means we can have

    Doom 2, the Movie
    Final Doom, the Movie (in 2 episodes)