    Jim Guest

    Can I get the 5.1 to play back through my preamp? If so any details would
    be appreciated.

    Jim, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm talking about something with
    some detail on getting the Surround Sound from an Audigy or Audigy2 to a
    standard receiver or preamp with DTS/AC3/Dolby surround sound input. Would
    it support an optical connection? If so what cable did you buy.

    Jim, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Jim

    Lenny Guest

    Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm talking about something with
    No, these cards have coax outputs, though curiously not through a coax RCA
    plug, but a 3.5mm headphone jack instead. You could use any mono coax cable,
    with an RCA-to-headphone conversion plug at one end

    Also note, with a digital connection, you are limited to Dolby Digital/DTS
    in *pre-encoded* material only! The soundcard cannot encode these sound
    standards in realtime, so you won't get multichannel sound in normal windows
    programs/games. Spdif interface only has bandwidth for two uncompressed
    channels, unfortunately.

    Lenny, Feb 11, 2004