    USB ports as well as a an Ethernet port so that is not an issue.

    Thanks,

    Alan

    Alan, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Alan

    swarvacous Guest

    ethernet alan.

    swarvacous, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Alan

    Ron Cook Guest

    Ron Cook, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Alan

    maverik_30 Guest

    Alan,
    The point I think is moot. Except if you look at it as if it were
    fire wire then it could be faster as long as you don't mind the first
    initial install of the disk.(10 to 15 min). Either way you look at it
    the data coming through on the cable is generally going to only be 10
    Mb. As well as fire wire. So I guess it could come down to just
    whether you want all your usb ports available or if it really doesn't
    matter to you then thats cool to. My opinion ethernet is the way to
    go. I always like to try to keep usb open in case i may need them
    instead of having to unplug all the time.

    maverik_30, Feb 12, 2004
  5. Alan

    DaveW Guest

    You'll probably have fewer potential conflicts if you use the ethernet.

    DaveW, Feb 12, 2004
  6. Alan

    Thom Farrell Guest

    Really it all depends on what USB version your using (Mostlikely 2.0).
    But just be safe and go with Ethernet.

    Thom Farrell, Feb 12, 2004
  7. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Well I took everyones advice and used the ethernet cable. The problem
    was that my computer didn't even recognize the new hardware. I think
    the ethernet port on my computer(brand new Emachine) is defective.
    When I hooked it up using the USB cable my computer installed the
    driver and everything is working fine.

    When I first set up my computer about 2 months ago I was trying to use
    a cross over cable to transfer files from my work machine to this
    machine at home. I never could get it to work. The little light
    flashes back on the ethernet port but I just don't believe it is
    working. How can I tell for sure if it is a defective port?

    Thanks,

    Alan

    Alan, Feb 12, 2004