HOSED BY GIGARAID!

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Wemic, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. Wemic

    Wemic Guest

    Hi all,

    My saga continues. I'm installing a GA-7N400 Pro2 fixed my CPU recognition
    problem but was having problems getting my two WD drives to boot into XP as
    master/slave on the RAID channels as normal ATA. Anyway, I set BIOS to RAID
    and on the Gigabyte I set the RAID to "normal". It state an array had been
    created and I continued to boot into windows. It spent a long time on the
    welcome screen but finally moved on to the logon screen. I put in my
    password and waited....waited....waited....for a half-hour. Finally I hit
    the reset switch as I was getting no response. On reboot I get a disk read
    error, hit ctl-alt-del message. That's where I remain. I tried to boot
    from the CD to do a repair but after the message about checking out my
    hardware, it sits on a blank screen...no blue screen "starting windows"
    message. I'm beginning to think my HD is permanently hosed. I checked my
    cable connections, etc. Anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Derek

    Wemic, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Wemic

    Bruin Guest

    Are you trying to boot 2 drives using RAID or not? If not then you are not
    using the right channels. If you ARE using a RAID then you might have a
    bad load of XP. Start over, make sure your RAM is in sync with your FSB,
    dont use SPD, & load from scratch.

    Bruin, Jan 18, 2004

  3. Wemic

    henny Guest

    If his machine is as screwed up as his post is, the is no solution.
    The problem is clearly between the mouse and the chair.
    Henny

    henny, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Wemic

    Andy Howley Guest