    need a system with OPB 3.31 but I'm afraid to hose another machine.

    Any thoughts or advice on recovery of the 2 non booting systems ?

    Rob

    cb650t, Nov 14, 2003

  2. I've never seen this happen; which PROM patch did you use?
    (All different models require different PROMS)
    And how did you install it (standalone, from the OS?)

    At which point did it crash?
    Does Stop-N on the keyboard during powerup help?

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, Nov 14, 2003

  3. cb650t

    Scott Howard Guest

    I presume you mean you've set jumper J3102 to the opposite position to
    it was in? (probably 1-2)

    What else is displayed with the red state exception?
    What procedure were you following to do the upgrade? I've done literally
    hundreds of firmware upgrades and never had one fail - it's defintiely
    not a process which fails with the regulatiry you're seeing.

    Scott.

    Scott Howard, Nov 14, 2003