How are ATI Cards for Componet HD output to a HD TV ???

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Paul Mathews, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Paul Mathews

    Paul Mathews Guest

    I only ask this becuae ive got a Nvida 6600gt. And i want to build a
    new PC and was going to get a 7800 GT. But for some reason Nvidia have
    droped their componet support.

    Iam going to have my new pc hooked up to my TV in my longe room. 86cm
    WS HD TV :)

    But the latest Nvidia drivers dont support componet no more. And thats
    what i want. 720p is what iam using now to display from my 6600gt via
    din to componet cable.

    How would an ATI card be connected to my TV. Take in mind my TV only
    has Componet and Svideo and Compiste no RGB anything.

    I mean adaptor cable. Plug or whatever device ati would use to do as i
    want.

    I realy like the componet connection. Clear and great. I love my WS
    gaming. Dont want to loose it.

    Thanks.

    Paul Mathews, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Paul Mathews

    First of One Guest

    86 cm is only 34", come back when you get something 50" or bigger. :)
    There's this thing:
    http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/index.html

    There are two versions of this adapter, DVI-to-component and
    VGA-to-component.

    First of One, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Paul Mathews

    Paul Mathews Guest

    36 actually.

    Paul Mathews, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Paul Mathews

    First of One Guest

    So it's 91 cm instead of 86 cm as you originally posted, or is an Aussie
    inch slightly shorter? :)

    Anyway, if you are looking to get an ATi card higher than the 9800 (and you
    should), I suggest calling/emailing ATi to make sure the HDTV adapter will
    work with it. The information on ATi's page might be simply old.

    First of One, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Paul Mathews

    Paul Mathews Guest

    Aussie Inches are bigger. Be cause we are just bigger :0

    Paul Mathews, Nov 23, 2005