How are you syncing Outlook with your main PC?

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by dg, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. dg

    dg Guest

    I have tried to use one pst file, and copy it or use the briefcase
    etc, but I frequently change data on both the tablet and my main PC
    (and laptop too) so I cant just replace one pst file with that latest
    one - as they are all updated files pst files.

    Just for added complexity, I an also trialing FC tabletplanner -
    requiring another syncronisation.

    I really can't understand why MS have not come up with something the
    same as syncing with the pocketpc.

    So how are you all doing it?

    I am trialing Second Copy 2000, but I am not sure whether it is the
    best way.

    dg

    dg, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Tablet PC is a full OS, a superset of XP, merely need to sync .pst's
    up. PDA's are not a full-OS and requrie a full-fledged translational
    program, called ActiveSync. Tho is strange why no Desktop/Tablet
    Office 2003 easy-sync application in Office 2003 (as it seems to be
    much requested), might be Lonestar/Longhorn enhancement, who knows. Or
    something still on the planned docket.

    That being said, SynchPst Version 1.3.5 wins raves for Outlook
    sync'ing.

    http://www.syncpst.com/

    Christopher Coulter, Oct 29, 2003

  3. dg