    hope someone can help, maybe telling me if I have to download some
    specific drivers or some applications. Thanks a bunch!
    MAU

    italiano, Feb 13, 2005

  2. italiano

    JefN Guest

    |I have a sony vaio laptop running winXP. At home I usually use a
    | cordless mouse but when outside I need to use the touch pad. I wonder
    | how I can control its settings. Indeed, I checked several times the
    | icons in the control panel and I was unable to find a way to change
    | this settings. Under 'mouse' I can change only the mouse settings. I
    | hope someone can help, maybe telling me if I have to download some
    | specific drivers or some applications. Thanks a bunch!
    | MAU

    On VAIO Laptops, there is usually an application called "Sony Notebook
    Setup". On the "Device" tab, remove the checkbox on "Pointing Device" and
    click OK. This will disable the touchpad.

    You'll have to remember to re-enable the touchpad (using the reverse) before
    using the computer without the mouse.

    Jef

    JefN, Feb 13, 2005