    software what is supported. Any modern video card should have no
    problem receiving that information.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Mar 27, 2009

  2. I have a Dell 1901FP Flat Panel Color Monitor.

    I just bought a new HP computer using Vista Premium 64bit.

    I went to the Driver Download page at Dell for my monitor and it has a
    driver listed for download for XP but none for Vista.

    Does this mean my monitor definitely will not work with Vista Premium
    64bit? OR that it simply does not need a new driver to do so?

    I need to know asap because I have the new computer sitting in the box
    and if it will NOT work with my Dell monitor then I am going to have
    to return it to BestBuy because I cannot afford to buy a new monitor.

    I just assumed that it would work with Vista because it's only a
    couple years old. But I did not consider the 64bit issue. Not sure if
    that even IS an issue but I am finding that it is an issue with a lot
    of my software, which in itself is going to cost me a lot to upgrade.

    Anyone know how I can get the answer from Dell without paying? I poked
    around their web site for an hour trying to find the answer but no
    luck.

    Thanks!

    Little Yellow Chicken, Mar 27, 2009

  3. Thanks, Willliam, that's great news!