  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How can I get the install CD or install files freely?

    Guest, Sep 5, 2004

  2. Guest

    Chris H. Guest

    Could you further describe what you're trying to do? Not much information
    was in your post.

    Chris H., Sep 5, 2004

  3. I don't know of any of the tablets that come with an "install" cd - they come
    with the "restore" cd's. Which means you can't cleanly install, just
    re-image. Which stinks for people who prefer to do a clean install themselves
    rather than deal with the baggage that OEM's put on their systems.

    MSDN has install CD's for tablets, but there are licensing restrictions and
    it's certainly *NOT* free. :)

    If you have a tablet and simply need to get your tablet back, and don't have
    the restore CD's anymore, you can contact your manufacturer. Sometimes
    they'll send you the discs again for just shipping, others will charge you to
    purchase the media.

    JDThree [MVP], Sep 5, 2004
  4. Guest

    tom Guest

    The HP TC1100 comes with windows xp tablet addtion cd's (You have to have
    two CD's for tablet addition). So you can do a "clean" install with this
    tablet.

    tom, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Guest

    Diederik Guest

    I have a question concerning the Restore CD.
    How is one supposed to restore a TC1100? Will an external USB CD-ROM drive
    do the trick? Or can you use PXE in one way or another combined with RIS?
    I tried with a N4000 with port duplicator and DVD player without success. So
    this kinda made me wonder.
    If anyone knows, PLEASE let me know ;-)

    Diederik, Sep 6, 2004
  6. Guest

    Chris H. Guest

    Do you have the BIOS set to boot from the CD-ROM first? That makes a
    difference, along with the external drive device being in the first or 2.0
    USB port, if you have different ones.

    Chris H., Sep 6, 2004
  7. Guest

    Diederik Guest

    Well I went into the BIOS but I can not choose any other boot device other
    than the HD. Apparently the DVD player in the port replicator is not
    detected.
    Maybe I should try with an USB CD-Rom. In that case maybe I'll see something
    more in the BIOS.
    I was just trying to avoid buying an external cd-rom to find out afterwards
    it doesn't work either.
    Thanks for your help though.

    Regards,
    Diederik

    Diederik, Sep 13, 2004
  8. Guest

    mdavej Guest

    I realize this is a very old thread, but many people like me are still
    getting lots of used tablets off ebay without restore disks. You don't
    have to get overpriced or pirated copies of restore disks off ebay. At
    the time of this post, you can still get restore CDs shipped direct
    from HP for only $10 plus tax. Just call 800-952-7689 and give them
    your serial number. For my TC1100, I got a driver CD and DVD with the
    the latest Tablet PC 2005 OS with SP2 in less than a week via regular
    mail.

    mdavej, May 16, 2007
  9. Guest

    mdavej Guest

    I haven't seen much price difference between tablets with or withou
    disks. The prices are probably due to the fact that they're obsolet
    and there are lots of them available from big companies retiring them

    mdavej, May 17, 2007
  10. Guest

    terri Guest

    terri, May 17, 2007
  11. Guest

    mdavej Guest

    Didn't mean to be misleading. Tablets are definately not obsolete. I was
    just talking about the discontinued models like the TC1000/TC1100. I'm
    very happy with my old TC1100, and glad to see the tablet form factor
    is still going strong.

    mdavej, May 18, 2007
  12. Guest

    terri Guest

    terri, May 18, 2007
  13. Guest

    xTenn Guest

    Same here, TC1100 and still happy. FWIW.

    xTenn, May 18, 2007