How can I learn about taking apart my laptop?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Sadeq, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. Sadeq

    Sadeq Guest

    I have an HP Pavillion model dv6000 (exactly dv6188ea). There are some
    problems about it. One important issue is that the left 'Ctrl' key
    doesn't work properly (sometimes it works, but in some occasions it
    needs a 'high' amont of pressure to work). I think there might be some
    'dust' problem, so it may work again if I'm able to open and clean the
    keyboard.

    I onced tried to do so, but, I wasn't able to. The keyboard seems to
    be 'sealed' to the laptop body!

    I'm sure there is some way to open (take apart) the laptop, but I
    don't know how. A friend of mine told me that there are video
    tutorials on taking apart different laptop models; but I didn't find
    any on the net (specifically for my own model).

    Can anyone help me with this?

    PS:
    I don't want to take my laptop to the support center, so plz do not
    advise me to ;)

    Sadeq, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Sadeq

    Pen Guest

    HP recommends this to clean the keyboard.

    Clean the keyboard regularly to prevent keys from sticking and to remove
    dust, lint, and particles that
    can become trapped beneath the keys. A can of compressed air with a
    straw extension can be used to
    blow air around and under the keys to loosen and remove debris.

    The service documents are found at this url, look for the PC Maintenance
    and service guide near the bottom of the list of docs.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3299654&lang=en&

    Pen, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Sadeq

    Sadeq Guest