    switch?? Or will this damage the server??

    Many thanks in advance.

    Mikey2gorgeous

    mikey2gorgeous, Dec 6, 2004

  2. mikey2gorgeous

    Arno Wagner Guest

    This should not damage anything, but it does not necessarily work.

    It may require a circuit that just shortens the pins for some seconds
    some seconds after the power has come back on.

    The proper way to do this is in the "power"-settings in the
    BIOS. Usually there is an option to define what it should
    do after a power-failure. It may say "on" "off" "as before",
    although the last option is not always available.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Dec 7, 2004

  3. mikey2gorgeous

    Greg Guest

    Most machines will power back on by themselves if the power dropped at the
    plug. You may also have an option in BIOS. The 3d option is to get a little
    12vdc relay from Radio Shack. Connect the normally closed point to the power on
    connection. When it sees power the switch will look like it is pressed. As soon
    as 12v comes up it will open the power on circuit and remove the reset so the
    machine will come up. Simply shorting out the power on button will keep the
    board reset line hot on most machines.

    Greg, Dec 7, 2004