    What am I doing wrong? Has anyone attempted something similar, and can
    offer a suggestion?

    thanks

    Daniel Czajko, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Daniel Czajko

    bowgus Guest

    For what it's worth ... my monitor cable detaches from the monitor ... so I
    could do accomplish the repair by replacing the cable. Maybe you can do the
    same?

    bowgus, Nov 25, 2003

  3. I would say Try agian, Get a new monitor extention and use a multimeter to
    figure out witch pin is witch, Because maybe there is a wire out of place,
    Cut around the middle and try, try again.

    I like cheese

    Anthony Brohan, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Daniel Czajko

    plamen Guest

    Maybe the monitor is old and all you have to do is buy a new one

    plamen, Nov 26, 2003
  5. I have repaired satisfactorily monitor cables that one of my cats chewed
    through. The repair does not look but works great.

    Larry Silkaitis, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Daniel Czajko

    John Gill Guest

    The video signal wire usually develops breaks near the end that plugs
    into the computer. I have repaired several cables by replacing the 15 pin
    (HD) male connector on the end of the cable. These connectors can be purchased
    at Radio Shack for less than $2.00.
    1. Cut the cable back about 6 inches from the connector.
    2. Strip the wire ends of the short piece and use an ohm meter to deternine
    which wires go to each connector pin.
    3. Strip the wires at the long end (good portion) and solder them to the
    correct pins.
    I usually cut the hood off of the old connector and glue it on the new
    connector after testing it out (use Super glue).
    Hope this helps....
    John

    John Gill, Nov 27, 2003