How can I sell fanless PC box to ODM in-vehicle customer?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by juliaho, Jul 12, 2006.

  1. juliaho

    juliaho Guest

    Hi~ Dear All,

    I'm a new sales of Nexcom. I have to find customers for myself but I
    have no idea to do it.
    I'll feel appreciated, if anyone could help me or give some advise.

    1.We have a booth#334 at Cartronics Taipei Exhibitions. How can I use
    this opportunity to get customers?

    2.Dose anyone can recommend some good companies to me? I can offer an
    evaluation unit for my customer.

    3.I want to sell fanless PC box into transportation industry. Our
    fantastic Nice 3000 series support below feature.

    *Networking
    Wireless LAN/GSM/GPS/GPRS/IEEE1394
    *I/O expansion
    PCI104+, serial I/O, Ethernet I/O
    *Display
    VGA/LVDS

    Thanls a lot~

    Julia Ho

    NEXCOM International Co., LTD
    www.nexcom.com

    juliaho, Jul 12, 2006

  2. juliaho

    Tom Lucas Guest

    I would advise you to consider your position carefully. Surely one of
    the one most important tasks for a salesmen it the ability to approach
    new customers and if you have no idea how to do it, perhaps you're not
    cut out for that job.

    Of course, you wouldn't just be using your question as an excuse to spam
    with details of your latest tradeshow and product would you?

    <snip spam>

    Tom Lucas, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Dear Tom,

    Thank for your reply.

    If I can't get a help here, I'll try other ways to improve my sales
    skill. such as reading books or asking my colleagues.

    To be a great sales is my dream. I won't give up.

    I suppose you have great knowledge in embedded industry.

    I'll appreciate your help and answer, if I post a question about
    embedded industry someday.

    Have a good day~

    *The harder I work the luckier I get* I believe this word!!

    Julia Ho

    www.nexcom.com.tw

    Tom Lucas 寫�:

    =?utf-8?B?THVja3kgR2lybOKEog==?=, Jul 12, 2006
  4. juliaho

    Tom Lucas Guest

    Each communications medium has rules and protocols. You wouldn't stand
    at trade show and shout for someone to bring you a customer would you?
    The same thing applies with usenet and this group is for asking
    questions about embedded computing not for assisting sales people in
    finding customers.
    You are clearly keen and trying on usenet was a good idea but you went
    about it the wrong way. If you read the group for a while then you will
    see the sort of industries people work in and what applications they use
    their designs for. This will give you a clue as to the sort of market
    you are trying to enter. What won't work is using the group as an
    audience for your sales pitch. No-one likes being sold to and to most of
    us it just looks like spam.
    I've been doing it for 2 years so I am not a raw recruit but I still
    have a _lot_ to learn.
    I'll see what I can do. However, no-one will do your job for you. As a
    sales person you need to look at your market and find where your product
    is likely to be used. If you want it to be automotive then what will it
    do? DVD? SatNav? How about googling for companies that are in the
    automotive business selling products that you could use a fanless PC in?
    At your show then make sure you have a rock-solid demonstration of your
    PC doing something that is useful in the real world.

    My advice is to copy other sales people in your field until you are
    comfortable enough to pursue new ideas of your own. If you don't know
    what to do with your trade booth then do nothing - a bad show is worse
    than no show - but I don't think your manager will like that.

    Tom Lucas, Jul 12, 2006
  5. juliaho

    larwe Guest

    You are giving far too much braintime to a meritless spammer. Doubtless
    this is yet another one of those Chinese companies that also spams via
    email.

    larwe, Jul 12, 2006
  6. juliaho

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    wrote:

    Above this point, this was a begging letter from a poor salesman.
    Below this point, it was spam.

    pete

    Pete Fenelon, Jul 12, 2006
  7. Maybe, but I admire Tom for his reaction.

    Steve
    http://www.fivetrees.com

    Steve at fivetrees, Jul 13, 2006
  8. juliaho

    ziggy Guest

    Or it could actually be just a incompetent salesperson that just
    doesn't have a clue..

    No harm done either way.

    ziggy, Jul 15, 2006