    How can I set things up so that image files open in Photoshop?

    Thanks,

    Ed in Dallas

    Edward M. Baum, Mar 21, 2008

  2. Edward M. Baum

    Gerry Guest

    Select your image file, Get Info (Command+I) and from the popup list
    select Photoshop, click Change All.

    You could always just drag the image file to the Photoshop icon in the
    dock.

    Gerry, Mar 21, 2008

  3. Edward M. Baum

    AES Guest

    Doesn't generally work for me, at least with Photoshop Elements in Tiger.

    AES, Mar 21, 2008
  4. Edward M. Baum

    Guest Guest

    I've had this problem with Photoshop before. I never found out what
    caused it, probably something simple, but deleting everything and
    re-installing PS fixed it.

    Guest, Mar 21, 2008
  5. Edward M. Baum

    Gerry Guest

    Works for me\ every day, I also have Tiger and Photoshop Elements 4.0

    Gerry, Mar 21, 2008
  6. Edward M. Baum

    Guest Guest

    No, it seems to just happen from time to time. Obviously there is a
    cause, but I haven't been able to narrow it down. I do remember reading
    that some people had success by deleting a fonts.db file which all the
    adobe apps use, so it might get corrupted by something else. But in my
    case that didn't help. Re-installing after deleting all the crap adobe
    spews all over my drive (using uninstaller.app) works at least, and is
    quicker than investigating the cause. I spent quite a lot of time on
    that before deciding to re-install.

    BTW this is cs2, I hope I never have to use 3!

    Andy

    Guest, Mar 22, 2008