  1. Laura

    Laura Guest

    How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0 connector?

    Laura, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Laura

    Dan Koren Guest

    Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

    Then right click on the USB hub(s) and click Properties.

    Another way is to plug in a known USB 2.0 device into
    the port. The system will pop a warning if the port is
    USB 1.1.

    dk

    Dan Koren, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Laura

    Pat Guest

    "Laura" > How can you tell from windows 2000 if you have a usb1.1 or usb2.0
    connector?

    plug something into it that runs on USB 2.0. You'll get an error message.

    Pat

    Pat, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Laura

    Quaoar Guest

    Connectors for USB are the same for USB 1.1 or 2. Win2K does not support
    USB2 unless an MS patch is applied
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319973

    The link will answer your question. Even with the patch, it is up to
    the vendor to supply a Win2K compatible driver for USB2. Check that the
    USB device is in fact compatible.

    Quaoar, Jul 30, 2004