How do I access Gemstar GUIDE Plus+ Interactive Program Guide?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by ANTant, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Hello. I just installed my new ATI AIW 9800 Pro yesterday. So far, it
    works. I cannot seem to find Gemstar GUIDE Plus+ Interactive Program
    Guide in Multimedia Center. I checked everywhere in TV. Did I miss
    something? I am using the latest version (did not bother to use the
    CD).

    Note that I am not using ATI's TV tuner at the moment since I need to
    get another antenna for it. Do I need to use the TV tuner instead of
    the VCR (TV doesn't have the video inputs and outputs) to use this
    feature?

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "Look not to the windmill's turning while the ant still burrows."
    --unknown
    | |o o| | E-mail: or
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )

    ANTant, Sep 16, 2003

  2. ANTant

    joe Guest

    The Gemstar program is separate from MMC and you need to install it. Look
    on your installation CD for the program.
    You're not going to be able to watch or record any programs unless you have
    the antenna set up.
    I'm confused with your question. Are you talking about the software-based
    VCR? Are you talking about your regular TV not having the video inputs
    (S-Video)?

    joe, Sep 16, 2003

  3. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Thanks. I wonder why it isn't online. Is it never updated?

    Even if the TV input is via video in? I have it set up the same way I did
    with my Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 (VIVO), TV, and VCR.

    I have a regular VCR (VHS tapes type; not from ATI) connected to a TV and
    my ATI card. The only inputs the TV has are antennae/cable and VCR. It
    doesn't have connections for me to bypass VCR to connect to my video card.

    Sorry, I am a newbie with this video stuff.

    ANTant, Sep 17, 2003
  4. ANTant

    RainMan Guest

    I've got the same question with my new TV Wonder Pro. I can't find the
    Gemstar Guide. It isn't on the CD.

    RainMan, Sep 17, 2003
  5. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    I found it! It is under one of the subfolders. Look for it. It's there on
    driver CD.

    ANTant, Sep 17, 2003