    drivers to get the drive to work. How can this be done without first

    Thanks,
    Shane

    Guest, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Guest

    mouse777 Guest

    You won't be able to see the device from the bios, you have to enable the
    Onboard H/W Serial ATA & Serial ATA Function to [BASE]. Now you would see
    the device in POST. To install windows into the SATA drive you need to have
    the driver, adn can be found in the CD Rom that came with the board. Copy
    the file/s onto a Floppy.
    For windows xp fresh install:
    1. Boot windows XP from CD Rom.
    2. When the blue scren appears and asked you if you have any third party
    device drivers hit F8.
    3. Sceen would show Sil ATA 3112a select it and follow the prompt to
    install.
    4. now you could install winxp as if it was a PATA.

    note: if you have other PATA hard drives I recommend you detach it first
    before installing, because for some reason, windows would not assign drive
    C: to SATA forcing it to a PATA. Just attached the drive after you've
    installed windows XP.

    mouse777, Aug 25, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    I have tried to install Windows XP using drivers on a floppy that I copied
    from the motherboard's installation CD. When my computer boots to the WinXP
    CD, I hit the 'F6' key and am able to install the SATA drivers for the
    installation up to the point when Windows re-boots the machine.

    Again, the system bios does not see the hard drive and I end up going
    through the same routine again with the machine booting from the WinXP
    installation CD.

    I have ensured that the "OnChip Serial ATA" is enabled in the bios.

    Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thankyou

    Guest, Aug 26, 2003