    RasheedS Guest

    I forgot how to connect my Tablet PC to a Projector?
    Any help out there please?

    RasheedS, Dec 9, 2007

  2. >> I forgot how to connect my Tablet PC to a Projector? <<

    It varies with both the projector and the tablet, but, the most common
    connection is to use the VGA connector and set the computer to "both
    monitors" so both the laptop and projector are showing the same image.

    Tablets pose a small problem as the projector will assume landscape
    where most tablet use is in portrait.

    More info? ...please post tablet make model and projector make model

    hth,
    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Dec 9, 2007

  3. RasheedS

    Not Sure Guest

    l have esperienced Some problems too.
    When i connect my Fujitsu-Siemens lifebook T 4215 (both with Vista and XP
    tablet) to a projector, it works fine when on "normal laptop" mode and
    doesn't work at all in tablet mode.
    Is it a feature of the o.s., of the hardware, or is it me that miss some
    settings?
    Thanks in advance and sorry for my english
    Maurizio

    Not Sure, Dec 9, 2007
  4. >> T 4215 (both with Vista and XP tablet) <<
    >> works fine when on "normal laptop" mode and doesn't work at all in

    tablet mode. <<

    My guess would be that either switching to tablet "turns off" the
    external monitor or the projector can't handle the portrait mode... i.e.
    it's expecting the aspect ratio for landscape...

    ....so, suggestions would be;

    rotate it to tablet

    Press <ctrl/alt-F1> and <ctrl/alt-F3> with the tip (ctrl and alt keys
    will be "sticky") to see if that will toggle the projector on... if so,
    you can use the intel utility to set up a profile which will work with a
    projector and allow you to work on the tablet.

    or... Press the screen rotation button so that it's in landscape tablet
    mode to see if the projector will respond to that.

    It's been discussed here, but, there appears to be no way to use an
    external monitor or projector and have one in portrait and the other in
    landscape.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Dec 10, 2007
  5. RasheedS

    Mickey Segal Guest

    I've never had any problem but I've always used landscape mode. I had been
    worried that there would be a mismatch between where I put the pen and where
    it appeared on the screen, but I had no such problem.

    Mickey Segal, Dec 10, 2007
  6. RasheedS

    Not Sure Guest

    "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

    > >> T 4215 (both with Vista and XP tablet) <<
    > >> works fine when on "normal laptop" mode and doesn't work at all in

    > tablet mode. <<
    >
    > My guess would be that either switching to tablet "turns off" the
    > external monitor or the projector can't handle the portrait mode... i.e.
    > it's expecting the aspect ratio for landscape...
    >
    > ....so, suggestions would be;
    >
    > rotate it to tablet
    >
    > Press <ctrl/alt-F1> and <ctrl/alt-F3> with the tip (ctrl and alt keys
    > will be "sticky") to see if that will toggle the projector on... if so,
    > you can use the intel utility to set up a profile which will work with a
    > projector and allow you to work on the tablet.
    >
    > or... Press the screen rotation button so that it's in landscape tablet
    > mode to see if the projector will respond to that.

    I ended up choosing "connect external projector" from the customization
    window of the desktop. Then they (tablet & ext. monitor) found each other.

    > It's been discussed here, but, there appears to be no way to use an
    > external monitor or projector and have one in portrait and the other in
    > landscape.

    I tried that too but whwn i switch from landscape to portrait on the pc, the
    external monitor showed a 90° rotation of the screen. Too bad. It is quite
    awkward to use a tablet in landscape mode...
    Anyway, thank you very mych

    Maurizio

    Not Sure, Dec 11, 2007